25 Ways to Practice SELF LOVE
It is important for your mental health to practice self love and self care. “It is important to love yourself first.” Here are some ways to practice self love to help you live a happier & healthier lifestyle.
- Talk to Yourself Like You Would to Someone You Love: When it comes to self love, it’s important to never doubt yourself and to always talk to yourself positively. The more you put yourself down the worse your mental health becomes. Use positive words, cans instead of cant’s & always tell yourself your beautiful inside and out.
- Pamper Yourself: Sometimes you need to have a bubble bath and eat a box of chocolates. It’s okay. Give yourself a facial and enjoy quiet “me” time. Nothing says self love like a little TLC
- Let Go of Toxic Relationships: If you have negative people in your life who only put you down, it’s okay to let them go. If you don’t, you are only harming yourself. Surround yourself with only those who bring happiness and positivity to your life.
- Get Up Early & Get Lots of Rest: Make sure you are giving yourself a full 8 hours of rest and wake up earlier to give yourself more time during the day. When you wake up early, eat a healthy breakfast to make sure you start your day off right. The best way to practice self love.
- Declutter: If you declutter your space, relationships, and social media you will ultimately feel a lot more happier. Get rid of objects that have no meaning or use. Any clothes you haven’t worn in the past 6 months, should go. Go through your social media and get rid of any negativity and do the same with any relationships. When it comes to self love you need to get rid of anything toxic.
- Be Kind to Yourself: This is important, don’t be so hard. If you don’t get the test score you wanted, don’t give up. Practice makes perfect.
- Take a Walk: Go for a walk, especially with your dog. This will make you feel great. Clear your mind and enjoy the nature. (sounds cliche) but you can really benefit from this.
- Watch the Sunset/Sunrise: self explanatory
- Plan a Weekend Getaway: Go away somewhere that you always wanted to go and treat yourself to relaxation.
- Try Something New: Ever want to do something but were afraid? Step outside your comfort zone. This will give you the chance to learn more about yourself.
- Don’t Compare Yourself to Others: You are you, & there’s no one like you.
- Go After Your Dreams: Even if you feel as if they are unachievable, anything is possible if you try.
- Meditate/Yoga: Even if it’s for 20 mins. Meditation is perfect for self love.
- Appreciate the Little Things: like a good book, a yummy meal, a cup of coffee. Life isn’t as bad as we make it seem.
- What do You Love Doing?: Figure that out & do it always.
- Journal: Writing anything & everything relieves stress & anxiety. Write your heart out.
- Forgive Yourself: If something doesn’t go the way you planned or you make a mistake…Forgive yourself. No one’s perfect. Learn and grow from your mistakes.
- Eat Food That Makes Your Body Feel Good: Less junk more greens.
- Get a Massage: You deserve one.
- Don’t Look at Your Phone: I don’t mean never look at it but, set a solid amount of time before bed or in the morning where you have “me” time without your phone.
- Exercise: This will make you feel great about yourself. Even if it’s 20 mins a day or every other.
- Obsess Over the Things You Love: Always compliment yourself, “Wow my hair looks great today.” instead of “Wow, my hair looks awful today.”
- Drink Lots of Water: Because it is important.
- Spring Clean: Make sure your space is clean and you will feel instantly better.
- Stop Trying to Please Everyone: You can’t please everyone & sometimes it’s okay to put yourself first.
Related: 10 Ways to Live your Happiest Life
The more you practice these daily, the happier you will feel. It’s important to practice self love. Love yourself, don’t ever think otherwise.
If you loved it, share it! (: