Do you know how many people think that it’s embarrassing to break down and cry? How many feel that they have to put up a front, a wall, to hide their true emotions? They believe that they are not allowed to “struggle” or have an off day. Instead they push their feelings to the side and continue on. But that doesn’t help, that makes it worse. You can’t push a problem to the side, you can’t just decide to not acknowledge your feelings.
I get it, i’ve been there. I’ve had plenty of days where I have wanted to just lay in bed and put the world on pause. I too have felt that I shouldn’t feel this way. There are others out there that are worse off than me. But that still doesn’t change how I feel at times. That still doesn’t change the nights where I am stressed out from my bills piling up, the financial freedom that I don’t have, and the life I wish so badly I was living instead.
Anyone can tell me that there are others out there who are worse off, I understand this, I get that. But it’s still okay…it’s okay for you to feel upset at times. It’s okay to cry and show emotions. You are allowed to get upset, and you are allowed to feel the way you do. In fact, it’s healthy to cry, it’s healthy to let your emotions out. It’s okay to not feel okay.
I see often, people telling others that they shouldn’t feel upset. They try and tell others that the way they are feeling is wrong. No. It’s not wrong, it’s life. We are all allowed to show emotion and to feel emotion. You have no idea what battle someone is facing. Maybe the battle isn’t significant to you, but it sure is to them.
Know that the battle you are facing, it may be hard now. But it is important to understand that it won’t feel this way forever. Struggles last a short time, and you have the power to fight. Yes, you may cry tears, you may fall to your knees, and you may feel as if it won’t get better. But It will be.
So cry those tears and let all of the emotion out and then remember those who love you. Remember that you have a purpose in life. You were put on this earth to inspire someone, to be the best version of you, to overcome a struggle and help others. You are more than your struggles. You are more than a worker at a job that you hate. And you sure as heck are more than any person who has ever put you down.
If you put your mind to your goals, dreams, and aspirations, I believe you can achieve them. There will be bumps in the road and there will always be something or someone that tries to push you off course, ignore it. Ignore them. I know the struggles, I know they are real but I also know that they won’t last forever.
Ways that I deal with my stress + struggles;
- Create a budget + stick to it. It’s the hardest thing to do but it’s worth it. Without a budget my bills would never get paid on time.
- Save all change. Pennies too! Have a jar specifically for saving your coins. It adds up quick, you will be amazed.
- Don’t go out to eat. Cook meals at home. Crock pot meals are life saving! + money saving!
- Cut back on your coffee. Coffee adds up, maybe it would be cheaper to buy coffee in bulk and make your own at home!
- Coupons! Get into coupons, it’s tedious but it saves you tremendously!
- Go for the cheaper brand. I know we often like to go for the well known brands but sometimes the cheaper brands are just as good if not better!
- Get rid of bills you don’t need. Example: Cable. I know many who save money by using internet and Netflix + cut out cable.
- Save 10$ a week. It’s a little amount but it can add up!
- Communication, the best way to solve any issue is to communicate with your partner about the situation in the first place.
- Make time for each other. Whether it’s at night or in the morning where you two can sit down, enjoy each other’s company + talk about your day. It’s so important.
- Always compliment each other. Words of affirmation goes a long way. Telling your partner how beautiful or handsome he or she is can be really uplifting. Or if they surprise you and clean the house or even complete a small favor, make sure to notice and say thank you.
- Always kiss before bed. Don’t ever go to bed mad at one another. It makes for the worst sleep.
- Be spontaneous. Go on unplanned adventures, explore, and keep the spark alive.
- Don’t give up on the romance, no matter how busy life gets. There is always time to be romantic.
- Don’t yell. Yelling at one another can get chaotic + you will end up not even listening to each other properly. Instead, discuss. Talk calmly, and if you can’t…. walk away and breathe, then continue.
- Don’t ever compare your relationship to others. No relationship is alike, and no relationship is perfect!
Self Love + Low Self Worth Struggles:
- Pamper yourself weekly, whether it’d be taking a bubble bath and wearing a face mask or getting a pedicure. It’s important to give yourself some love.
- Take a mental health day. Sometimes it’s important to take a day off to relax + refresh your mind. If you are feeling stressed out, it’s okay to take a break to clear your head.
- Start each day off by saying “today is going to be a good day.” Try and talk positive throughout each and every day.
- Practice meditation + yoga. Or even workout. This really helps!
- Read a book. There are so many amazing book options out there to uplift and empower your self worth. Remember you are worthy! One that I recommend is You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero
- Declutter your space + life. Get rid of anything and anyone who is only cluttering your life. Only keep those who are positive and make you happy. Make sure your space is clean as well. This eliminates a lot of stress.
- Do something you have always wanted to do. Whether it’s sky diving or traveling to another country. Now is your time.
- Get a massage. You deserve one.
Motivation + Career Struggles:
- Know that your job doesn’t have to be permanent.
- Work towards a career that makes you happy. They say if you love your job, you never have to work a day in your life.
- Know that success takes dedication, determination, + patience. It will not happen over night.
- Organize your goals + figure out a plan to achieve them.
- Don’t ever give up on the career you wish to obtain. You can and you will.
- Create an amazing resume if you haven’t yet.
- Always push yourself to be the best at your job. Even if you hate your job, it will help better you for your next one.
- Be kind to all of your co workers, it will make for a better environment.
Always remember that no matter what the struggle may be, it won’t last forever. Also know that it is okay to not be okay. If you are feeling extremely down, depressed, and anxious, there are many loved ones who are there to offer support and guidance. People care about you whether you think so or not.
You are more than the struggle you are facing, only you can let it break or make you.
I’m here to offer support + guidance to anyone who may be facing a struggle, you are not alone.