5 Self-Love & Inspirational Books…

5 Self-Love & Inspirational Books…

5 Self-Love & Inspirational Books That Changed My Outlook On Life

Everyone has a past, struggles, bruises and scars. One my biggest struggles of my past was overcoming low self-worth, depression, and anxiety. I would always put myself down. I would act as if the world was against me. If I was in a public setting I would shy away from any personal interaction. I guess you could have considered me a “loner”. I was someone who wanted to be alone at all times because I felt as if my presence wasn’t “good enough” or “wanted”. There was a point in my life where I even withdrew from my high school and became homeschooled because of my anxiety and depression. Even now I can still struggle with feeling as if I am “stuck” and unable to move forward.

I knew that if I continued living life the way I was, I could potentially become “stuck”. The only way I could get out of the mess that I felt like I was in, I had to make a change. I began looking for outlets through writing and reading. As I was working on shifting the way I was living, I came across a few self-love and inspirational books. These books had a major impact on my shift of confidence and positive attitude. I wanted to be happy. It’s important that I lived a life that I completely and utterly loved. I searched high and low for anything to make me feel the least bit better. After reading these books, I was able to find myself, find my hope, and find my passion.

5 Positive Lifestyle Changing Books

Mastering Your Mean Girl:

I fell in love with this book. She makes sure to explain just how to master living a successful and wealthy life.

Adventures For Your Soul:

Thanks to one of my favorite Youtubers, Marissa Lace, I was able to learn about and purchase this book. This book is filled with ways to journey through life to help find your authentic self. This book focuses on eliminating fear and going after what truly makes you happy. We all know this is my motto. After reading this book I fell in love with myself and my dreams. I will not stop until my goals are achieved.

You Are a Badass:

This book is amazing! “You Are a Badass” is filled with entertaining and inspiring stories from success coach, Jen Sincero. If you are looking to turn your passion into a career and learn how to be successful and wealthy, this book is just the right pick for you! Also check out her book called “You Are a Badass at Making Money”.

Making Habits, Breaking Habits:

Psychologist Dean discusses and busts myths about the mind. He talks about how to take charge of your own mind. Habits can broke and they can be changed. You can learn how to make any change stick.

You Can Heal Your Life:

In this book, Louise discusses how you can heal anything if you are willing to do the mental work. She goes over what it takes to improve the quality of your life. I love this book!

I hope you all enjoyed, let me know if you have read any of these before & if it helped you get out of your funk!!

xx

ELL

*disclaimer: affiliated links are used (no additional charge to you)

Love it? Share it!

21 Comments

1. June 18, 2017 / 4:26 pm

Great list! Must check out Adventures for the Soul, sounds amazing!

2. June 18, 2017 / 5:08 pm

This post is everything! I feel like everyone at some point in their life feels this way. Whether it’s just getting yourself down, or anxiety & depression. I never thought about reading on it to help overcome the struggle. Great idea!

3. June 18, 2017 / 5:54 pm

I absolutely LOVED “You are a Badass”! I’m going to check out “Making Habits,Breaking Habits”. At 43, that’s something I still struggle with. Thanks for the great recommendations!!

4. June 18, 2017 / 6:18 pm

I definitely would be interested in reading Adverures of the soul and Making habits, Breaking habits. Those two seem so relevant for the stage in life that I am right now. Great list, Lauren.

5. June 18, 2017 / 9:17 pm

I love Jen Sincero and her books! It helped me quite a bit to change some big things in my life 🙂

6. June 18, 2017 / 10:37 pm

All these books are fantastic recommendations! Definitely going to read them (I just need to organize myself a bit, lol. Otherwise I order them and they sit grabbing dust on my shelf 🙈). We all come to a certain point in life where books such as these become a “must read!” Thanks for sharing! 🙂

7. Luisa
    June 18, 2017 / 11:16 pm

Always looking for new books to read. I love this list. I’ve already heard of the you are a badass book. Apparently it’s really good!

8. June 19, 2017 / 12:32 am

I am always looking for book recommendations! Love this list

9. June 19, 2017 / 1:42 am

I’ve heard really great things about “You Are a Badass!” I definitely need to read it along with the others you mentioned.

10. June 19, 2017 / 1:45 am

Awesome book list! I’ve seen a few of them pop up in suggested books on Kindle, particularly, “Mastering Your Mean Girl” and “You Are a Badass.” I will definitely check those out after I finish reading some of my other books!

11. June 19, 2017 / 2:12 am

Adventures for your soul sounds awesome. I’ll definitely be adding that to my reading list

12. June 19, 2017 / 2:38 am

Wow this can really help me, I will surely look into getting thisthank you for sharing.

13. June 19, 2017 / 4:56 am

Thank you so much for these recommendations!! I’ve been trying to find more books related to personal growth, so I will certainly be on the lookout for these.

14. June 19, 2017 / 1:20 pm

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this! I am excited to check out the You Can Heal Your Life book.

15. June 19, 2017 / 4:46 pm

I love you are a badass. That’s a great book and will kick you in gear.

16. June 19, 2017 / 6:25 pm

Haven’t ready any of these yet but I need to take a break and step away from all my business related books. Thanks for putting this list together. Looking forward to reading at least 1 of these books 🙂

17. June 19, 2017 / 6:44 pm

Great list of books here! I’ve read quite a few but a couple of new ones to try so Thank You x

18. June 19, 2017 / 7:47 pm

Great list! I will look into the book a little deeper.

19. June 23, 2017 / 4:04 am

Thanks for the wonderful book suggestions. I need to take some time and read each one! Anxiety and other disappointments do get in the way, so these books could prove quite helpful. xo

20. September 6, 2017 / 1:58 am

Woo go LA. I never knew I need a denim hat, but apparently I do! It’s adorable.