How to Live a Happy Life – Find Your Passion

How to Live a Happy Life – Find Your Passion

What is something I aspire to have?

This is the easiest question I ever had to answer. I aspire to live a life I love. Now, how achievable is this? 100%. It was recently when I really decided it was time to make a change in my life. I realized I wasn’t living a life I love. Don’t get me wrong. There were many parts of my life that I did love…however, there were many that I did not. It took me a while to find my way to living a life that I love. There are still a few areas that I am tweaking but overall, I have found myself feeling more happiness than ever before.

Ask yourself this; “Are you living a life that you absolutely love?” If the answer is no, then here is your chance to make a change. I am here to tell you, it is possible and here’s how.

Find your passion and be happy

If you don’t know what you are passionate about then it is time to try and figure it out. For me, it was almost obvious. In school, specifically middle school going on to high school, I realized I had a passion for writing. I absolutely loved creative writing. If it was a report, forget it. It had to be creative. Now maybe you are wondering, how do I find my passion? Easy. Ask yourself “What do I enjoy doing?” , “What is it that makes me happy?”. Think.

Okay, now that we figured out our passion, it’s time to make sure you are incorporating it into your everyday life. Because let’s face it, who doesn’t want to do what they are passionate about everyday? Months back I would be going through my everyday life and I began to feel a lack of happiness. I couldn’t figure out why. But then it hit me. I was unhappy because I began to feel stress and fear of being stuck where I am for the rest of my life. I didn’t want that. Unfortunately, if I kept living my life the same way I was before, then I would be stuck where I was. The only way you can have change is by creating it.

I went to college for two years. I have no college degree. I serve tables as a full time job. This isn’t what I want for the rest of my life. I want to travel, I want to see places. I want to have financial freedom. I don’t want to feel strapped for money. I want to inspire, tell a story while also encouraging others to live a life they love. I want to write, I want to be able to work from home or from a different country. I want to have a career that I am passionate about and I want freedom.

This was when it became clear that it was time to intertwine my career and passion.

Am I there yet? No, not entirely. But am I trying? Yes.

I began my blog because I am passionate about writing. I hope to one day be able to have a career that I am passionate about and I knew blogging could possibly make this happen. If I could have a career where I write constantly, and help others live their best life. How happy would I be? Very!

Happy and passion

The next important thing to remember is that when you are trying to reach happiness, there will always be those who try to tear you down. It’s almost inevitable. Jealousy is a trait and it is a common one. If you ever want to live a life you love you need to ignore all hate. Do not, I repeat  DO NOT let someone else’s hate be the reason why you give up. I still struggle with this myself. I am one who can let other’s opinions get the best of me. In order to live a life I love I need to stop allowing other’s control my happiness. I still find myself asking “If I post this will they find me annoying?” The answer is, who cares! Do I really care if someone finds me annoying?

Find your passion

Have you ever heard that the more you compare yourself to others, the less happier you become? Well, now you have. I am promising you a happier life once you stop comparing. It’s okay, we all have done it. “Wow, so and so lives in a huge house. I wish I lived in a huge house.” or maybe “So and so graduated yesterday, I fell behind and still have another year. I’m jealous.” OR maybe you are just so envious of where someone else is in their life. You just wish so badly you could be where they are. You feel sometimes that you should have your life together by now but it’s not. Let me tell you something…

IT’S OKAY!

Find your passion

Everyone is on their own journey through life. If your journey’s were exactly the same…it’s just not possible. So, you haven’t graduate college yet? It’s okay. You still have time. Go through your journey at your own pace and you will eventually end up at the right destination. If you are constantly comparing your life, your wealth, your relationship, your career to everyone else, I promise you will never feel satisfied or happy.

How to be happy

Instead, it’s time to count your blessings.

Because let’s face it, you have plenty. You are alive. If you have a roof over your head then you are blessed. If you have a job (even if you don’t love it) you are blessed. How about the food you are able to eat everyday? That’s a blessing. Do you have a friend to talk to? Family who has your back? Blessing. It’s time to appreciate what you have and become more grateful. You will find yourself a lot happier.

Find your passion

The more determined you are to achieve the ultimate goal of living a life you love…the more success you will have. Achieving your goals is not always simple. It can be complex and it will take a lot of dedication. Once you achieve your ultimate goal, you will find yourself happy. Everyone dreams of living a life they love but not everyone tries. It’s time to take action.

Passion

For me, my happiness would be having a career where I write to inspire others and have the freedom to travel the world.

Ultimate Goal: Turn my passion into a career.

How would I work to achieve this goal?: I will start a blog. I will continuously write my heart out and try to reach out to others who need the inspiration. I will continue to try and grow my reach until I can successfully quit my full time job and become a full time blogger.

Note to self*: Do not give up no matter how long it takes.

Achieving your ultimate goal takes time so it is important to have patience. This is key to living a life you love. If you begin to feel like your goal is unachievable, then break your goal down. Make sure to give yourself time to achieve each goal. Don’t stress over achieving a goal within a certain amount of time. As long as you are working towards your goal daily, you will achieve it.

To wrap things up I want you to do one simple thing if you have not already.

Grab a piece of paper and a writing utensil.

If you have a journal, take it out.

Are you ready?

It’s time to write a few things down.

Have passion for your goals

Now go out there and show the world you can live a life you love.

Until next time,

xx

Love it? Share it!

36 Comments

1. June 11, 2017 / 7:28 am

Love this post, being truly happy is so important, I’m trying hard to follow these steps! X

2. June 11, 2017 / 7:29 am

Rightly said finding passion is so important. Thi founf it through my youtube channel.
    Thankyou for amazing article

• ellduclos
      June 11, 2017 / 7:45 am

That’s awesome! I know you will go far (:

3. June 11, 2017 / 7:37 am

Hey, I like your positivity, it’s motivating and we are all experiencing similar struggles. Well done for highlighting those issues and providing positive aspirations. You’re doing great

• ellduclos
      June 11, 2017 / 7:44 am

Thank you so much!(:

4. June 11, 2017 / 9:17 am

This is such a great post. So many things on one place. Love your writing style. Thank you for sharing this great post. Kisses

5. June 11, 2017 / 10:35 am

Yes! Amazing tips in here. Especially the one about not letting other people bring you down. Ignore the haters!

6. June 11, 2017 / 11:00 am

Great post Ell – you are so spot on with many of these points – I’m particularly guilty of letting comparison get to me! I need to focus on my own journey!

7. June 11, 2017 / 1:13 pm

Beautiful post as always. It’s hard sometimes though because finding your passion isn’t always as easy as you may think it is. It took me a LONG time before I found what I was passionate about. And sometimes life brings you down and that passion goes with it. But dedication and determination (and a whole lot of positivity!) always does the trick 😉

Kimberly

• ellduclos
      June 11, 2017 / 4:47 pm

Yes exactly ! It took me so long to finally realize that writing was what made me happy ! So happy I was able to discover my passion and start using it ! Thank you so much 💜

8. June 11, 2017 / 1:20 pm

Thanks for sharing this, it’s so true. I think we all get bogged down sometimes by comparing ourselves to others instead of counting our blessings. Great reminder xx

Lou | reallifewithlou.com

9. June 11, 2017 / 1:46 pm

I’ve always had trouble with comparing myself to others. It wasn’t until this year did I try and do what I love instead of what others expected me to do. Great post!

10. June 11, 2017 / 1:48 pm

Such a great post! Great tips and it is so hard to find your passion so tips ike this are always super useful.

11. June 11, 2017 / 2:31 pm

I love how you are embracing your new and unique journey. I’m excited to see where life takes you. Not everyone is going to follow the “conventional plan”. I love that you’re sharing your story along the way and taking what comes your way and turning it into something positive.

12. June 11, 2017 / 2:34 pm

This is such a wonderful post. You are on the right track and I hope you achieve your goals in the near future. You’re right about dismissing the negativity. I started my blog for therapeutic reasons and I really wanted to help others. Someone who I know personally attacked the blog and my intentions. It didn’t deter me, and now I know it is helping others.

• ellduclos
      June 11, 2017 / 4:45 pm

Exactly! You have to push the attackers aside. It’s too unfortunate that there are people out there who try to ruin your happiness ! Just can’t let them win!

13. June 11, 2017 / 2:41 pm

Gratitude is the best attitude. The more you’re grateful for the more you’ll receive to be grateful for.

Love always,

Zineb

14. June 11, 2017 / 3:13 pm

This! I needed the reminder today to keep focused & work on what makes me happy!

15. June 11, 2017 / 3:27 pm

I can’t more than agree with you. I have no college degree either, I chose to luve my life in a different way. “Passionate way” that’s how I call it. And I love it. Travelling and working feom home has been always my dream. To be my own boss. And if it’s for you too, I am your big fan!!! And I was comparing myself A LOT! What helped me was a book “The Four Agreements” from Don M. Ruiz 😊 Try it and lmk how you like it!

• ellduclos
      June 11, 2017 / 4:43 pm

Thank you I’m glad you enjoyed! I will definitely have to give that book a try! Thank you for the recommendation (:

16. June 11, 2017 / 8:34 pm

This post is so uplifting, thanks for all the positive words about finding your passion!

17. June 11, 2017 / 10:27 pm

Excellent! It makes me happy to see people choosing to live a life they adore. Keep up the great work in your life, and in encouraging others.

18. June 12, 2017 / 12:25 am

Everything on this list is so on point! Loved it! And you’re totally right about dismissing negativity from one’s life. I think that’s one of the hardest thing to do and needs to be practiced daily. Once you get the hang of it, you can see how things in your life begin to shift favorably. Thanks for sharing such an inspiring post! Perfect for starting the week! 🙂

19. Luisa
    June 12, 2017 / 3:09 am

I love this post. It’s so inspiring! Definitly in the time in my life where I’m living my passion.

20. June 12, 2017 / 3:31 am

Great message and very well written! Absolutely love this post and everything about your blog. Keep up the good work! 🙂

21. June 12, 2017 / 8:07 am

Great post 😊 it’s so important to focus on the positives in life and count your blessings 😊

• ellduclos
      June 13, 2017 / 12:33 am

Thank you so much!!!! 😍

22. Sascha Zegretti
    June 12, 2017 / 11:04 am

I truly loved reading this post! It really inspired me to pursue my dreams and goals no matter what the opinions are of others.

I think another part is overcoming your fear of failure as well as getting out of your comfort zone because both of those limit both your success and your happiness.

23. June 13, 2017 / 3:55 am

Loved this post! Finding ones passion is sometimes a hard job, but worth the effort!

24. June 13, 2017 / 7:10 am

Ell… during she short time I met you online, I feel already soo inspired by you! You are so passionate about what you are doing and your are GOING for it!!! I love your spirit! Thank you for this beautiful article!

• ellduclos
      June 13, 2017 / 7:32 am

Aw thank you so much! You’re too sweet! I hope to continue to try and inspire others into going after their dreams too & help them live a life they love. 💕

25. Stepj
    June 13, 2017 / 1:00 pm

I’m so glad I found my passion

26. June 13, 2017 / 3:48 pm

Law of attraction.
    Love this post Ell!

Love always,

Zineb

27. June 17, 2017 / 12:16 am

This is just wonderful!! I really believe gratitude is the key to happiness. Thanks for a great post!!